- 1 Our Recommendations
- 1.1 Cook set Vs Individual pieces
- 1.2 Various materials of camping cookware
- 1.3 Cookware considerations:
- 1.4 1 Liter Camping Cookware Mess Kit Backpacking Gear & Hiking Outdoors Bug Out Bag Cooking Equipment 10 Piece Cookset | Lightweight, Compact, & Durable Pot Pan Bowls – Free Folding Spork, Nylon Bag
- 1.5 Bisgear 16 Pcs Camping Cookware Stove Carabiner Bug Out Bag Cookset Folding Spork Set Outdoor Camping Hiking Backpacking Non-Stick Cooking Picnic Knife Spoon
- 1.6 BeGrit Backpacking Camping Cookware Picnic Camp Cooking Cook Set for Hiking (8pcs/Set, 410 Stainless Steel)
- 1.7 Overmont Camping Cookware Mess Kit, Lightweight Pot Pan Kettle Fork Knife Spoon Kit for Backpacking, Outdoor Hiking and Picnic
- 1.8 Odoland 22pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit, Large Size Hanging Pot Pan Kettle with Base Cook Set for 4, Cups Dishes Forks Spoons Kit for Outdoor Camping Hiking and Picni
- 1.9 Titanium Camping Cookware Set 3-Piece (1.2L, 800ml & 400ml) / 2-Piece (1.25L & 800ml) Pot & Pan Outdoor Cooking Equipment mess kit, Strong Lightweight (Ti) Travel / Hiking / Camping in Cloth Case
- 1.10 Odoland 10pcs Camping Cookware Mess Kit, Lightweight Pot Pan Kettle with 2 Cups, Fork Knife Spoon Kit for Backpacking, Outdoor Camping Hiking and Picnic
- 2 Buying Considerations:
A camping trip without cooking yourself is no fun. All of us want to cook when we are out in nature with friends and family, right? For cooking your favorite comfort food with people who are close to hearts, you need to have cookware as well. You can not just carry stuff from your kitchen. You surely don’t want to miss out on your favorite burgers, curries, and desserts while you are camping.
10-piece campfire mess kit: Instead of creating a fire, you can use this campfire mess kit to cook your food.
Check on Amazon
Components of the cooking kit: It comes with two pots and a frying pan; they are made with 100% titanium.
Check on Amazon
Components of the cookware kit: It comes with one pot, one frying pan, one kettle for camping, three plastic bowls. Along with that it includes a spoon, a spatula, a cleaning towel, a net bag for storage and a D-shaped buckle.
Check on Amazon
Before moving on to the best camping cookware that we have picked for you all, it’s really important to know how to choose camping cookware. Most of the backpackers take short trips and they like to carry minimal stuff with them. Then comes people who go camping with bigger groups, since they have more space, they may take more camping cookware.
Cook set Vs Individual pieces
A cook set usually consists of pots, pans, which can be put together and they can be carries easily. Even more modern versions of cook set even come with mugs, cups or even spoons. People who go camping in groups usually like to carry a cook set, this is because they have more space and they can utilize all the components.
Individual pieces mean that you have full liberty to take the things that you like and you feel that are most essential. Backpackers usually like to pack individual pieces because they can save space and only take the things that they really need.
Various materials of camping cookware
Aluminum is one of the most affordable materials when it comes to camping cookware, it is lightweight and it is also a good conductor of heat, due to which simmering food with it is a great option. Now coming to the con of it, it may break down due to acidic food and it can be easily dented.
The stainless steel is commonly used in the manufacturing of camping cookware because it is tougher and more scratch-resistant. Since it is a tough material, it lasts for quite a while. The only thing that you may not like about the camping cookware is that it doesn’t have the ability to conduct the heat evenly.
Aluminum and stainless steel can be quite heavy and backpackers can have a tough time carrying them. However, camping cookware made with titanium is the lightest, yet it doesn’t compromise the strength. It is also corrosion-resistant and heats up quickly, giving you an opportunity to cook your food quicker. What you may not like about titanium camping cookware is that it is quite expensive.
Size of the pot
Before you look at the products, you need to know the size of the pots. It depends upon the space that you have and also on the type of cooking that you intend to do. If you have enough space then you can carry large pots for sure but if you are backpacking and have minimal space then you will have to reconsider the size smartly. Some people cooking all the food at once, so they like bringing larger pots. However, this process may take longer. No one wants uncooked food!
Number of pots
Now coming to the number of pots, if you are backpacking then you will surely not like carrying a cook set. You can carry an individual pot, according to your needs. If you are camping with a group, then you may need more than one pot to cook the food. Cooking in multiple pots cooks the food quicker while cooking in only one pot may take longer.
Figure out the kind of cooking you intend to do while you are camping, this will help you get your hands-on pots according to your need. If you are clueless about what you are going to cook then it will cause you trouble.
Make sure to not forget about pot grippers. People usually not think about it but they are quite essential. To safely place your pot on the fire and to safely remove it from the fire, you will need pot grippers. Accidents can be prevented with the help of these.
Extras from the cook set
If you are getting your hands on a cook set then you will know that a cook set has come extra thing in it such as cups, spoons or even a kettle. If you are someone who is habitual of backpacking then these things will be redundant for you. However, if you are someone who is starting from scratch and wants to gather stuff for future camping trips too, then the extras are actually great for you.
Lids of the pots
Lids of the pots are necessary as they help in cooking faster. Some of them are multifunctional, they may act as frying pans or even plates. However, carrying extra lids will not only occupy space but it will also increase the weight that you will carry.
After giving a brief look at the camping cookware and its kinds, let’s now move on to the best camping cookware.
- 10-piece campfire mess kit: Instead of creating a fire, you can use this campfire mess kit to cook your food.
- Collapsible bundle design: The collapsible bundle design keeps the whole cookware compact so it is easy to carry.
- Other components: The other components of this kit include wooden spatula, BPA-free bowls, spoon, spork, non-stick pan, pot cover and anodized aluminum pot.
- Additional accessories: The additional accessories of this kit include a cleaning sponge and a nylon travel bag.
- Includes all the cooking essentials
- Comes with bowls and spoons so you can easily dish out and eat
- Easy to carry
- Compact and portable
- It is not able to withstand a lot of heat
If you are backpacking, then carrying a huge cook set is a bad idea. Similarly, shoving random individual pieces can be frustrating too for some people. So, its better that you get your hands on a cook set which is specifically designed for backpacking. This compact and portable cookware set will give you an opportunity to cook your favorite food while you are out in the woods. The coolest thing about this cookware is that it not only comes with a pot and a pan but it also comes with a BPA-free bowl, a spoon and a spork. So, you are not only able to cook comfortably but you are also able to east comfortably as well.
- Components of cookware kit: It comes with a folding stainless-steel fork, knife, spoon, spork/spoon, mini stove with piezo ignition, non-stick pot, non-stick frying pan, pan cover, two BPA free bowls, rice ladle, loofah, carabiner, and a nylon bag
- High temperature resistant folding design: High temperature resistant folding design enables you to pack everything small and compact.
- Allows you to cook various dishes
- Easy to handle
- Saves space
- It is not dishwasher safe
This is another compact and portable cookware kit; it is also great for people who backpack. If you are someone who just randomly packs the bags and is out the door to explore then this kit makes a perfect choice for you. This is because it contains all the 16 essential cookware components that you may need while you are out in the woods. It even comes in four different colors which include black, blue, orange and green. Picking out a unique color will help you in keeping your things separated from someone else’s. The pot of this cookware kit is made with anodized aluminum. If you are someone who is following a different diet as compared to other people in your group then this kit is quite handy because you can cook your own food. This cookware kit is highly recommended for its amazing components and for how convenient it is for the people.
- Components of the cookware kit: it has two pots, one frying pan, 2 plates and 2 mugs. For carrying it easily, it also comes with a carrying bag.
- Multipurpose: The utensils that are included in this kit are multi-purpose. You can use them boiling, frying, simmering or whatever you like.
- Folding handle design: The folding handle design makes the components of this kit compact, so you can carry it easily.
- Easy to use
- The food cooks quickly
- The components of the kit will last for a long period of time
- Carrying bag makes it easy to carry
- If the pot is not cleaned properly, it may turn yellow or black with time
If you are someone who is not fond of aluminum or non-stick pans or cookware then you certainly have the option of getting stainless steel cooking set for camping. It is basically stronger than aluminum and quite durable as it will last you for a very long while. It conducts heat quickly and it is built in a way that it is easy to cook and clean. Since it comes with carrying bag, you can easily carry it outdoors. Whether you are camping on your own or whether you are going with a bunch on friends, this cookware kit will end up being quite helpful for you when you will be cooking the food out in the nature. All the people who desire for durable cookware should get their hands on this one. We highly recommend this stainless steel cookware.
- Components of the cookware kit: It comes with one pot, one frying pan, one kettle for camping, three plastic bowls. Along with that it includes a spoon, a spatula, a cleaning towel, a net bag for storage and a D-shaped buckle.
- Anodic oxidation process: The pots in this cookware kit are made with the anodic oxidation process so that they have a protective layer on them.
- Comes with a camping kettle
- Can be used for up to 3 people
- Multi-purpose use
- The handles of this cookware kit may not be very strong
The next cookware kit for camping that we have for you all is the overmont camping cookware mess kit. The best thing about this kit is that it is convenient and great for a couple people. It also has an affordable price so you will not have to spend a fortune on a cookware kit. It comes with a mesh net, in which you can store it without any struggle. One thing to keep in mind, is that it can be great for up to 3 people, if you have a bigger family or more people are camping with you then you may need more than one of this cookware kits. We highly recommend it for its unique components and how it is easy to clean unlike the stainless steel.
- Components of the cookware kit: It comes with a hanging pot, an aluminum non-stick pan, a kettle, four stainless steel dishes, four stainless steel cups, four spoons, four forks, along with two small bags and a large carry size bag.
- Foldable handles: The foldable handles help you pack the whole cookware kit compact.
- Non-stick Teflon coating: The non-stick Teflon coating prevents the food from sticking to the pan or pot. It also increases the durability of the utensils.
- Convenient for camping and other outdoor activities
- Super compact
- Comes with a mesh which makes it easy to carry around
- Some of the extras in the kit may be redundant for you
Next up is this cookware kit by Odoland, it contains 22 pcs which means that it is good for a group. This kit is designed for four people who are camping. If you have a small family, you can also use this cookware kit. The pots can be folded and put together so that they are compact and occupy less space. If you are planning on going camping for a day or two, then you surely need to take this cookware kit along as it will be helpful in cooking the desired food. You can even make herbal tea or coffee because it comes with a kettle as well. We highly recommend this cookware kit for its numerous benefits.
- Components of the cooking kit: It comes with two pots and a frying pan; they are made with 100% titanium.
- Guarantee: It comes with a life-time money back guarantee.
- Dishwasher safe: Not a lot of camping cookware is dishwasher safe. However, this one made with titanium is completely dishwasher safe.
- The pots and pan are odorless and flavorless
- Environmentally friendly
- Durable and sturdy
- Expensive as compared to other camping cookware
If you are looking for a lightweight yet durable and strong cookware kit, then it has to be this one because titanium is a very strong material. It heats up quickly also lasts for a long period time. This cookware kit is manufactured with 100% titanium. They have strong foldable handles which make them compact and portable. This whole kit also comes with a washable cloth cover which keeps the dust away. When you are back from the camping trip, you can rewash the cloth and it will be as good as new. Unlike many other cookware kits, this one manufactured with 100% is resistant acids and alkalis. It won’t rust at all. You will get to eat hot cooked food even if you are out in the nature. We highly recommend this titanium cookware for its strength, durability and lightweight.
- Components of the cookware kit: It comes with an aluminum, nonstick pot, aluminum nonstick frying pan, a tea kettle, 2 stainless steel cups, a serving spoon, a knife and a carabiner.
- Carrying bag: This kit comes with a carrying bag which helps you carry easily anywhere you want.
- Safe to use
- Easy to carry
- Great solo traveler
- Comes a tea kettle
- Some people may not appreciate the non-stick coating
The last one of the cookware kits that we have for you all is also by Odoland, it has a lesser number of pieces as compared to the other one that is on our list. This cookware kit is perfect for a solo traveler. The cool thing about it is that it comes with a kettle too, which means that you are never going to miss out on your favorite herbal tea or coffee while you are exploring places. If you go camping regularly then you should definitely get your hands on this one as it will be very convenient for you.
There are so many different kinds of camping cookware available, surprising right? Some of the people have still been carrying individual pieces of cookware instead of cook sets. Since the cook sets are widely and easily available then why not ditch the old and worn out individual pieces of cookware that are too difficult to carry. Now if you talk about the prices, then the prices vary greatly depending upon the material and the number of accessories. The aluminum is the most affordable, stainless steel is cheaper and titanium is expensive as compared to the other two. Also, the set that comes with a greater number of pieces is also expensive so, after figuring out your need, you can invest in the most suitable cookware.
Camping cookware and dinnerware
The camping cookware sets come with accessories. These accessories may also include dinnerware which means that you get serving plates, bowls, or cups. Instead of eating out of the bowl, you can use the dinnerware to properly serve yourself and your loved ones with hot and you all can enjoy it together.
Some cookware sets have extra plates, spoons, cups, and some even have tea kettles. Some of them are designed for solo travelers while others can be used by up to four people. So, it totally depends upon your need, if you always go camping with family then you have to make sure that you get the one that has greater utensils so that you don’t have to pack extra with you.
Sometimes, it is possible that people who go camping regularly, they may only need new pots and pans while they don’t need the accessories, so the accessories will end up being redundant for them. If you are one of those people who never really uses the accessories then make sure to get the pots and pans separately so that you don’t waste money.
Now you may be thinking that how would you carry the whole cookware set? And it is a good and valid question because you may not always have space. The cookware sets come in different designs, when they are packed, they can be carried in a carrying bag that comes with the kit. Some of the carrying bags have a drawstring and some are made with mesh. Some are even machine washable, so when they get dirty, you can wash them to have them cleaned. A carrying bag is very convenient, you can even tie it with your backpack, without having to shove all the stuff in an irregular order inside the backpack.
The next thing is that the components of the cookware kit should be multipurpose. If they are not then you will need more and more utensils. For example, one lid should be enough, you shouldn’t need more than one lid as it will occupy a lot of space and will even increase the weight. Some lids are even used as plates and even as frying pans. Also, you should be able to use your cookware kit for other outdoor activities as well, such as hiking and going on a picnic.
The pots and pans of the cookware should have a foldable design to make them compact. Usually, pots and pans can be placed on top of each other and then they can be enclosed to make a compact and portable set that can be easily carried. With the help of the portable design, you can place the set into a carrying bag and it will be carried easily. This way, you will not even worry about losing any piece of the set.
You will be investing in a cookware kit, so you have to make sure that you get the value for the money that you have invested. It will only be possible if the cookware set is durable. The durability of the cookware set most depends upon its material and build quality. the cookware that is manufactured with 100% titanium will be the strongest and sturdiest. It will not be affected by heat and the weather conditions will also cause no harm to it. It will remain rust-proof. However, the camping cookware made with aluminum may not be as strong, even though it is lightweight and affordable, dents can be easily caused on it. Most of the aluminum cookware has a protective layer on it, this layer may fade with time. Now coming to stainless steel, the cookware manufactured with stainless is also strong but it may not cook the food properly. All of the cookware manufactured with these products will last you for a decent time but the ones made with titanium will last you for the longest period of time.
Before you buy the cookware, you have to make sure that they are made with a rust-proof material. Since you will be camping, you will be exposed to all kinds of weather conditions. humidity can cause rusting to the cookware. So, make that you pick cookware that has a lot of strength and can withstand rust.
Some people, when they go camping, they don’t really do the dishes at the place they are camping at but they bring back the dirty dishes and do them at home. There are only a few camping cookware sets that are dishwasher safe, others are not. So, if you plan on bringing the dirty dishes home, make sure to wash them separately. Also, materials such as stainless steel may darken over time and they even become yellow, so make sure that you properly clean the pots and pans.
If we talk generally about the cleaning of the camping cookware, we will know that washing them or cleaning them will be easy. However, some pots when placed on direct fire will become black and they will require extra effort to be cleaned.
Odorless and flavorless
This is another important thing that needs to be kept in mind while dealing with camping cookware. Some of the materials that are used in the manufacturing of the cookware, can cause the food to have a distinct taste and a distinct odor. This could also be possible if the protective coating of certain cookware is coming off. In this regard, titanium is the safest material for the manufacturing of cookware. It is completely odorless and flavorless.
Compact and portable
As discussed earlier, even though camping cookware is specifically designed for camping but it may occupy space and have a lot of weight. You have to make sure that the camping cookware you are getting is compact and portable so you can easily carry it.
It is said that you can win people’s hearts through food, well then what’s better than cooking hot, fresh and yummy food while you are camping. Enjoying the cool breeze, sipping on coffee and having scrambled eggs for breakfast in the middle of a camping site is the best feeling ever. Sauté veggies, cook steaks, make soups or your favorite beef stroganoff with the help of the camping cookware. The aim of this article was to give you detailed information relating to the kinds of camping cookware, materials of camping cookware and other related information so that you can make an informed decision.
We are hopeful that you will find the best camping cookware and will cook tremendous food for your friends and family. We wish you the best of luck!
Need Camping stoves to use your camping cookware – check out the reviews of the best Coleman Camping Stove