- 1 Our Recommendations
- 1.1 Coleman North Rim 0 Degree Sleeping Bag
- 1.2 Coleman Brazos 20 Degree Sleeping Bag
- 1.3 Coleman Sun Ridge 40°F Warm Weather Sleeping Bag, Blue
- 1.4 Coleman Plum Fun 45 Youth Sleeping Bag
- 1.5 Coleman Montauk Sleeping Bag, Dark Orange
- 1.6 Coleman White Water Adult Sleeping Bag, Big & Tall
- 1.7 Coleman Oak Point Cool-Weather Big and Tall Sleeping Bag
- 1.8 Coleman Kids 50 Sleeping Bag
- 1.9 Buying Considerations:
- 1.10 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 1.11 Conclusion regarding the best coleman sleeping bags:
Imagine going on a camping trip with your friends and family, super fun, right? Cooking in the woods, eating right off the skewers, making smores, listening to the chirping birds, looking at the mesmerizing colors of trees, and off you are camping somewhere on the beach than watching the sunset with the tides going up and down, all of it becomes even more beautiful when you have your loved ones around. So we created a list of the best coleman sleeping bags.
While planning your camping trip there are some camping essentials that you need. Firstly, you need to pack food, a tent or maybe more than one depending upon the number of people and you certainly need sleeping bags, depending upon the number of people again. The rest of the things such as clothes, toiletries, cameras, and so many other things, depend upon person to person.
On a camping trip, you cannot leave behind sleeping bags because you surely don’t want to spend the night uncomfortably in the cold. So, to make it easier for you to pick out sleeping bags, we have come up with the list of Coleman sleeping bags. We are sure that you will be able to find out one of the best out of the list for your next camping trip.
Before we jump onto the Coleman sleeping bags, one thing that is very important to understand is that the sleeping bags are designed for different seasons. There are sleeping bags that are specifically designed for the summer as it is not cold so you don’t want insulation. Then there are sleeping bags that are designed for fall and winter.
|Coleman North Rim 0 Degree Sleeping Bag|
|17.1 x 12.35 x 12 inches||Quilting Construction|
|Coleman Brazos 20 Degree Sleeping Bag||3.97 pounds||75 x 33 x 4 inches||Polyester Outer|
|Coleman Sun Ridge 40°F Warm Weather Sleeping Bag, Blue||4.3 pounds||8.5 x 16.3 x 10.4 inches||100% polyester|
|Coleman Plum Fun 45 Youth Sleeping Bag||2.91 pounds||66 x 26 x 0.04 inches||Polyester with ThermoTech Insulation|
|Coleman Montauk Sleeping Bag, Dark Orange||6 pounds||n/a||Soft cover and tricot fiber|
|Coleman White Water Adult Sleeping Bag, Big & Tall||6.6 pounds||20 x 10.5 x 10.5 inches||Polyester cover with cozy liner|
|Coleman Oak Point Cool-Weather Big and Tall Sleeping Bag||7 pounds||10.3 x 19.7 x 10.4 inches||100% polyester , inner 100% cotton|
|Coleman Kids 50 Sleeping Bag||2.3 pounds||14.14 x 7.87 x 7.87 inches||Highly insulated cotton|
- Quilt construction: The quilt construction makes sure that there aren’t any cold spots.
- Semi sculpted hood: The semi-sculpted hood has the ability to provide the head area with warmth.
- Footbox: The box foot silhouette allows you to have extra space to wiggle your feet. Also, it keeps the feet warm.
- Draft tube: The draft tube locks out all the chilly drafts.
- 2-way zipper: The 2-way zipper allows you to get ventilation when needed.
- Comes with a warranty
- Machine washable
- Comes with a stuff sack
- Keeps the people warm even in zero degrees Fahrenheit
- Restless sleepers may not have enough room
If you are planning on taking a camping trip to super cold areas with friends or family or all by yourself, then you certainly need this Coleman winter mummy sleeping bag. It is great for areas where the temperature is as low as 0 degrees Fahrenheit. It will surely keep you warm throughout the night and make sure that you get a good night sleep.
People with a height of up to 6 feet and 2 inches can easily fit in the mummy sleeping bag easily. The cools feature of this sleeping bag is that it seals in the heat, so your body heat doesn’t release out of the bag. This sleeping bag gives you an opportunity to unzip it when there is a need on the warmer nights.
People who are fond of warm and cozy environments to sleep in will surely love this sleeping bag for its great insulation, design and comfort. We highly recommend this sleeping bag because it will let you sleep comfortably even in very cold nights.
The only drawback of this sleeping bag is that the people who are restless sleepers, will not be able to turn around much.
- Comfort cuff: It comes with a comfort cuff which adds plush material close to your face so that you can sleep comfortably.
- ZipPlow: The zipplow has the ability to push the fabric away while opening or closing the zip.
- Quick Cord: The quick cord has the ability to pack the sleeping bag small.
- Tricot knit lining: The tricot knit lining prevents the heat from escaping.
- Packs small
- Available in three different colors
- Fiber lock construction prevents insulation from shifting
- Small plants or ferns may stick to it
The second one our list is the Coleman Brazos, 20 degree sleeping bag. It is available in three different colors including navy, plaid red, and alabaster. It is manufactured with the highest quality materials, with 100% polyester. It is great for areas that have a temperature of 20 degrees to 40 degrees. So, you can say that it can be used for three seasons and you can even get benefit from this sleeping bag in the winter time.
Since it has a polyester cover it prevents the water to seep through the sleeping bag and it also prevents the heat from escaping. This sleeping bag is very popular among people who go camping go a lot because of its great functioning and the comfort that it provides to the people.
As we mentioned that this sleeping bag is great for its features but the best part is that it is amazing to pack. You can keep it straight while rolling it, it also comes with a quick cord with which you can quickly pack it. We highly recommend this sleeping bag to all those people who go camping a lot and in different seasons such as spring, summer, fall and sometimes in winter as well.
- High quality materials: This sleeping bag is manufactured with high quality materials; it is made with 100% polyester.
- Fitting: It fits to the people of the height up to 5 ft 11 inches.
- Comfort cuff: The comfort cuff surrounds your face and it will feel super soft to the skin.
- Roll control fasteners: The roll control fasteners have the ability to roll the sleeping bag properly.
- Easy to carry
- Keeps you cool and allows ventilation
- Ensures your comfort
- The inner fabric may be rough on the skin for some people
Now if you are someone who doesn’t really like cold and likes to go for camping in the summer time then you certainly need the warm weather sleeping bag which is lightweight and doesn’t have insulation. This Coleman sun ridge warm weather sleeping bag is popular among people who like to go camping the in the summer time. It is made with 100% polyester and it is also filled with 100% polyester. This sleeping bag is specifically designed for areas that have a temperature of 40 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
It has a polyester outer cover and has a soft tricot fiber blend liner. The cool thing about this sleeping bag is that it not only focuses upon being cool in the hot weather but it also focuses upon ensuring the comfort of the user. It comes with a comfort cuff close to your face on which you can easily rest your face.
A lot of the people complain that they have a hard time rolling the sleeping bag, but with this sleeping bag, you will not have this problem because it has roll control fasteners which help you roll the sleeping bag easily. We highly recommend this sleeping bag to people who love spending the night in the nature in the summer time.
- Thermo tech insulation: The thermo tech insulation allows the children to sleep peacefully in this cozy sleeping bag.
- Comfort Cuff: The comfort cuff also keeps the kids comfortable and cozy.
- Interior pocket: Children are usually carrying some items, so the interior pocket is a space for them where they can keep anything they like.
- ZipPlow: The zipplow prevents the fabric from snagging.
- Keeps the children warm throughout the night
- Available in three different colors
- Prevents snagging of the fabric
- Can fit children of up to 5 feet 5 inches
- The zippers may not be very strong
The best thing about Coleman is that they design sleeping bags for all the people. They have sleeping bags for people of different heights and they even have sleeping bags for adults and youth. This specific sleeping bag is designed for the youth and it is available in three different colors. The colors include pink, grey and blue. With the color options available, you can choose your favorite color.
This sleeping bag has the ability to accommodate children with the heights of up to 5 feet 5 inches. This sleeping bag is perfect for areas with a temperature of 45 degrees Fahrenheit and it also has mild insulation. It will make sure to keep the children warm in the middle of the night where the temperature drops. If you are planning to go on a family camping trip then you will certainly need sleeping bags for children too. So, you can get your hands on this and you will be surprised with its performance and the comfort that it provides to the children.
- Patented no-tie closure: With the no-tie closure, the campers are able to easily pack them.
- ZipPlow system: This prevents the fabric from getting caught up in the teeth of the zip.
- Available in a bright color
- Easy to pack and carry around
- Keeps you warm and comfortable
- It is available in only one color
If you are tired of dark and neutral colors then you will certainly enjoy the bright red color of this Coleman Montauk sleeping bag. It is manufactured with a straight opening and comes with a contoured top which lets you rest your head comfortably. This is specifically designed for ensuring the comfort of the user. Its unique shape and size allow people to even roll over, so its is great for restless sleepers as well. it also comes with an interior pocket.
The soft cover and tricot fiber make sure that enough warmth and softness. It also comes with roll control fasteners and also has a no-tie closure which allows one-person packing.
We highly recommend this sleeping bag for adults who want bright yet highly comfortable sleeping bags. You will surely love this Coleman sleeping bag.
- Roll control design: The roll control design along with the no-tie closure allow one-person packing.
- Thermo Lock technology: The thermo lock technology ensures warmth and insulation and prevent the heat from escaping.
- Zipper operation: The zipper operation is very smooth and allows you to have ventilation in case of warmer nights.
- Comes with Fiber lock
- It can fully open
- Machine washable
- The inner lining may not be very comfortable
If you are a restless sleeper and have been looking for a sleeping bag that allows you to freely move around through the night while making sure that the heat doesn’t escape then you should definitely try this sleeping bag. It is available in grey color and has enough space for you to roll over. It is designed for areas where the temperature is 30 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
The best thing about this sleeping bag is that it comes with a polyester cover, cozy liner and a comfort cuff placed near you face so that you can rest your face on it. The comfort cuff is super soft. It is super soft and comfortable for people who do not like to sleep in one place. This sleeping is greatly recommended for its high build quality and amazing performance.
- Heat-locking construction: This sleeping bag has the ability to lock your body heat and to keep you warm.
- Large size: Due to its large size, this sleeping bag is able to accommodate people of 6 feet 4 inches.
- Quick cord patented no tie closure: With the quick cord closure you don’t have to waste time tying the sleeping bag.
- Thermo lock draft tube: The Thermo lock draft tube has the ability to prevent the heat from escaping through the zippers.
- Easy to pack
- Available in large
- Allows the campers to move around
- Machine washable
- It may be too big for some people
On the number seventh, we have the Coleman oak point cool-weather sleeping bag. It is specifically design for people who are tall. The other of this sleeping bag is 100% polyester while the inner is 100% cotton. For the areas where the temperature is 30 degrees Fahrenheit, this sleeping bag will be the most suitable as it is designed specifically for that temperature. It has the ability to accommodate people of 6 feet 4 inches.
It comes with great features such as coletherm insulation and fiber lock construction. If you are someone who is looking for a super spacious sleeping bag, then this is certainly a great choice for you.
- Glow in the dark design: The design of these sleeping bags is glow in the dark which the children love.
- No-snag zipper: The no-snag zipper prevents the fabric from snagging and the zippers can be operated smoothly. Even the children can do it themselves easily.
- Warranty: The sleeping bags come with a limited warranty.
- Comes in funky colors
- Keeps the children warm
- Glow in the dark design
- The dirt and ferns stick to it
Lastly, we have another Coleman sleeping bags kids. You cannot leave your kids behind on a family camping trip, right? Coleman has got you covered by producing sleeping bags for people of all ages. This sleeping bag is available in three cute colors including pink, blue and teal. These sleeping bags are known to keep the children warm even in cold. When the nights get chilly, your children will still be able to sleep comfortably because of these sleeping bags which are highly insulated.
The cutest thing about this sleeping bag is that it has a glow in the dark fabric which the children love. The quilted construction prevents the heat from escaping. Also, the kids can be messy sometimes so the sleeping bags may end up getting dirty. The cool thing is that you can machine wash this sleeping bag and it will be as good as new.
The first thing that you need to consider is the price when you intend to buy a sleeping bag. Coleman makes different sleeping bags and each one of them has a different price depending upon the fabric, features, kind of the sleeping bag. So, before you start looking for the most suitable sleeping bag, make sure that you have figured out how much money you are willing to spend on it. Once you know your budget, your decision will be pretty easy and quick.
Size and shape
The second most important thing that you need to consider when it comes to Coleman sleeping bags is the size. The sleeping bags come in different sizes, which means that you have to get a sleeping bag that is suitable for your height. Some of the tall sleeping bags may not be big enough for tall heightened people as they are taller than the sleeping bag. If the sleeping bag doesn’t fit you properly then it is certainly of no use for you.
Now coming to the shape of the sleeping bag, the shape should be according to your need and you must be able to comfortably fit in it. The sleeping bags are mummy-shaped, rectangular and semi-rectangular. The mummy-shaped sleeping bags may not be comfortable for people who are restless sleepers and like to roll over. So, they can opt for rectangular or semi-rectangular sleeping bags that have more space.
Type of the sleeping bag
The next thing is the type of sleeping bag, as we discussed earlier that there are three different types of sleeping bags. So, you must know which sleeping bag is your need. if you live in colder areas and always go camping in colder areas then you need a heavy and bulky sleeping bag. Similarly, if you are someone who likes to go to different places for camping then you should certainly opt for the three-season sleeping bag.
Zipper operation is also a major component of the sleeping bag. Make sure that the sleeping bag you get has the ZipPlow technology with which you can prevent the fabric from snagging. Otherwise, it becomes very difficult to release the fabric stuck to the zip. The zip may even end up breaking.
Most of the Coleman sleeping bags have a quilt construction which prevents the heat from escaping. It also avoids any cold spots that may be present in other sleeping bags. So, before you get your hands on a sleeping bag make sure to get the one that has quilt construction.
If you go camping regularly then you surely need to have a sleeping bag which is machine washable. This way, whenever the sleeping bag will get dirty, you can wash it and it will be all good for the next time. If the sleeping bag is not machine washable then you will have a lot of struggle cleaning it. So, make sure to check this out before you make the purchase.
Another thing that you need to consider is your own comfort. Different sleeping bags have a different lining inside. The lining is made with different materials, some of the sleeping bags may have a polyester inner, some may have a cotton inner or some may have any other materials. To ensure your comfort, you have to make sure that the inner material of the sleeping bag is suitable for you. Also, the sleeping bags have comfort cuffs, these are placed near the mouth and they are super soft so you can rest your face on them. If you are someone who is looking for something like that then you should certainly get the sleeping bags that have a comfort cuff.
Heat locking technology
In the cold areas, the nights can be even colder, to keep yourself warm you need warm and bulky sleeping bags so that you can spend the night comfortably. Most of the Coleman sleeping bags have heat locking technology which makes sure that the heat or the warmth doesn’t escape out of the sleeping bag. They are highly insulated which is why the heat is captured easily.
Another thing that you need to look for in a sleeping bag is that it should be easy to pack and easy to carry. Sleeping bags can be very bulky and may occupy a lot of space if not packed properly. The quick tie enables a person to pack the sleeping bag without any external help. Most of the Coleman sleeping bags have this feature so you really don’t have to worry about it.
Roll control fasteners
Lastly, make sure that the sleeping bag that you are getting comes with roll control fasteners so that the sleeping bag can be rolled easily. If the sleeping bag is not rolled properly then it becomes quite difficult to get it compressed and packed small. After the sleeping bag is rolled, the quick tie feature can be used to tie it small and then you can easily carry it. Even if you are going on a hike, then you can easily carry them on the shoulders.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1) Can the sleeping bags be machine dried?
Yes, the machine-washable sleeping bags can be machine dried as well. you can place the damp sleeping bag in the dryer and then wait for it to dry. However, during the drying process, every 30 minutes de-clump them so that their original shape is maintained.
Q2) Is the hood important in sleeping bags?
Yes, if you are in a cold area, the hood is the most essential part of the sleeping bag as it helps you remain warm. You will not feel the cold as much and you will remain protected from it.
Conclusion regarding the best coleman sleeping bags:
This article aimed at providing you enough information relating to the Coleman sleeping bags so that you are able to pick out one of their best creation, according to your needs. The major features and pros and cons of the products will help you in comparing the different Coleman sleeping bags with each other. Once you have compared and contrasted, you will be all set to make the final decision. Coleman makes sleeping bags for people of all ages, whether adults or children, they come in different shapes, sizes and they also have different features. We hope that you will be able to find the best sleeping bag with the help of this article. Let’s get camping!
More information and reviews about Coleman Gear is just one click away:
Best Coleman Camping Stoves
Best Coleman Tents
Looking for a more spacious sleeping bag – check this out
Best double sleeping bags
The whole Coleman product line can be found here: